Monday, October 4, 2010

Matryoshka doll accessories


I'm kind of excited about these because I actually gave them their individual names! :-)

I adore those gorgeous Russian nesting dolls (often mistakenly called Babushka dolls) and they have become very trendy as children's clothing and accessory icons of late. There are other producers of such accessories around but I especially like these unusual, bright colours (the mint colour above is my favourite).

Joallie Petit calls them "Mamie clips" (click to her website to see their individual names). This one is handstitched felt at 5.5cm long and Jo has attached it to a fully lined baby snap clip. Jo is a Perth Hills handmade accessories crafter. She sells at Perth Upmarket, has a number of stockists or sells direct off her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment